Saturday, April 14, 2012

Conversation last night

Hubby and I were out to dinner with another couple when we were discussing some things that made us laugh at our jobs. I had to tell the story of the passenger who rang the call bell and asked "Where are the state lines?' I had to look around to ensure that I was not going to be on TV. I thought she was playing a prank on me.  So, asked her "What? I'm not sure I heard you correctly." Again her reply. "Where are the state lines?"  I responded it is kinda like when you drive across them you don't really see them but they are there. She let me know that she had never been out of the state before and thought the state lines were actually drawn around the state.  So before I walked back down the aisle she asked "How do the pilots know where to go?"  I couldn't explain the whole transponder and air space in the time allotted for the flight so I just let her know......."The pilots just follow the state highways."  Happy flying!!

No comments: