Thursday, May 17, 2012

Police Memorial

Yesterday was the Dallas Police Memorial. I went to support hubby.  He was one of the marchers and saluters.  Every year the DPD has a memorial service for the men and woman that have died in the line of duty. There has been 80 since the 1890's.  The service was a short one and very touching. I am so proud of my hubby for volunteering to do the memorial.  (he does get teclose credit for it which goes toward his masters of policing) They have a prayer at the end of the service that no new name be placed on the memorial before the next year's service. I have to agree.... no new names.

1 comment:

cbright123 said...

amen. no new names. love you!!! i've been reading lately but haven't commented. Thanks for keeping this blog. I love to hear your stories. love you!!!